Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is delicious! From my friend Miranda's kitchen--just can't get enough! Perfect to serve over rice. It's really good leftover, too! Can be prepared without mushrooms and onions.
- 1 large cabbage, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Cook bacon in large fry pan, remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place cabbage in fry pan with bacon grease, stir until cabbage is coated with bacon grease. Cook slightly, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ground beef and sauté mixture into the cabbage pan. Cook until cabbage is slightly crisp.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture, stir.
- Serve over rice if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
Loved this! Added a bit of sausage. This is a great recipe!
I have made this a lot. Simple and delicious. So easy. Love it!
Fixed this for supper tonight. I don't normally cook supper, we have our main mean in early afternoon, but lately been eating at noon, which means I am now a two meal a day cook. (he can handle breakfast still yet) This was excellent, will be fixing again. Thanks and thanks for being such a good PAC buddy. Loved your recipes.