Recipe by nursevb8
This is a plain yet slightly spicy fried cabbage that can be made spicier with just a twist of the wrist. Low fat, low calorie and only a few ingredients. People love this cabbage with almost any main dish.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I've fixed this twice now. The first time, I think I may have added way to much cayenne. The next time, the correct amounts. This is wonderful with a blander meat, but since it does have a "kick", probably not a spicy meat. I'm making it yet again, and every time I make it, I tend to eat most of it from the pan before I even get a chance to serve it. It's a new favorite.
- 3 cups green cabbage (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with non stick spray, heat and add cabbage.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper (more if you desire).
- Garlic salt if you like.
- When cabbage begins to warm, add water and cover quickly.
- Stir occasionally.
- When cabbage is limp and water is almost gone, uncover and cook until slightly browned.
- Wonderful with pork chops or beans.