1/1 Photo of Fried Cabbage and Bacon With Onion
This is a fantastic comfort food recipe!One thing about comfort foods is that you can add a little of this and a little of that, to absolutely make it your comfort food. Feel free to add your special ingredient!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cabbage into quarters. Remove any wilted or discolored outer leaves. Cut out the core from the cabbge quarters. Cut into large 1-inch dice.
- 2Cook the bacon and onion in a 4-quart pan over medium heat until bacon is crisp, and the onion is wilted.
- 3Remove the bacon and onion to paper towels to drain. There should be about 1/2 cup of bacon drippings in the pan.
- 4Add the cabbage to these drippings and cook without stirring until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the water, sugar, salt and pepper and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Crumble the cooked bacon into the cabbage and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cabbage and Bacon With Onion
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 2279.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g