Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a fantastic comfort food recipe!One thing about comfort foods is that you can add a little of this and a little of that, to absolutely make it your comfort food. Feel free to add your special ingredient!
- 3 lbs cabbage, quartered, core removed, and cut into a large 1-inch dice
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 of medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage into quarters. Remove any wilted or discolored outer leaves. Cut out the core from the cabbge quarters. Cut into large 1-inch dice.
- Cook the bacon and onion in a 4-quart pan over medium heat until bacon is crisp, and the onion is wilted.
- Remove the bacon and onion to paper towels to drain. There should be about 1/2 cup of bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the cabbage to these drippings and cook without stirring until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the water, sugar, salt and pepper and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into the cabbage and serve hot.