Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious. Add the salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, while cooking the cabbage.
- Add cabbage to bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
Really good! Was trying to come up with something to make and stumbled across this. Will make it again as a side dish. Tonight it was the main dish. Followed the recipe but used 6 slices of bacon (because I had 6), one small cabbage and a small sweet onion.
Excellent way to serve cabbage. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great.
Oh yum! We made this to go with our corned beef on St. Patty's Day and it was a huge hit. The bacon was so good with this. Thank you for sharing.