Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ok, I will admit this is not the healthiest recipe but it is so good. I love to eat this by itself or as a side dish.
- Brown bacon in a skillet.
- Add chopped cabbage to bacon and cook on medium high.
- Stir to coat the cabbage with the bacon grease.
- Cook for 4 minutes on medium high.
- Add Tabasco and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love this stuff! I cooked the bacon and drained it, then cleaned the pan out and put some olive oil with just alittle of the bacon grease for flavor. I cooked up some onion also before putting in the cabbage. This is a great low carb recipe for those of us that are limiting carbs. I sometimes eat this alone for dinner!
Is there any other way to make cabbage? This is how I have cooked cabbage for years - none of that mushy over-cooked, boiled cabbage for me. Great recipe!
This was good *being a Southern gal--love anything with bacon LOL*. Used prepackaged coleslaw mix.