Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy food good while watching football.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- oil (for deep frying)
- Brown ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and picante sauce in a pan.
- Divide meat onto 6 burrito tortillas.
- Top with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Fold up chimichanga style.
- Deep fry till golden.
What a great recipe, Thank You!! All of my girls loved this, made it exactly as written and as one other poster said, added sour cream & salsa on the side. Will be making these often!!!!! Thanks again!!
Here in Texas, we call fried burritos chimichangas. Yummy!
This is my sister in law's "secret" family recipe for burritos. My favorite way to have them is with sour cream and jalapenos on the side. Thanks so much for sharing!!!