1/2 Photos of Fried Burritos
My MIL made these for my DH when he was younger. Now that we're married, I've taken over. I'm not sure where she got the idea of frying them. I searched for a recipe on here and didn't find one, so I hope I'm not making a double post! I'm guessing on the amount of oil for frying, and you will probably have cheese leftover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave. This will prevent them from cracking when you work with them.
- 2If they are not sufficiently heated, heat for an additional 10 seconds until fairly warm.
- 3Once heated, keep them warm by placing them in a tortilla warmer, or two inverted plates.
- 4Put the oil in a deep skillet. The oil should be about an inch deep.
- 5Turn the burner to medium-low. The oil is ready when a drop of water "dances" on it.
- 6Remove one tortilla at a time from the warmer and place on clean surface.
- 7Spread 1-2 tablespoon refried beans in a line down center of tortilla.
- 8Place half a piece of cheese, followed by an additional fourth a piece cheese on the beans.
- 9Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla in, then the sides.
- 10Place, seam side down, in the oil.
- 11Fry until browned on one side. This will not take long. Turn and brown on other side.
- 12Prepare the remaining tortillas as you did before and place them to the oil. You should have NO MORE than 3 frying at one time.
- 13When you remove them from the oil, place on a thick layer of paper towels to dry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.1
- Calories from Fat 667
- Total Fat 74.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 1655.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.5 g