1/2 Photos of Fried Brown Rice
This is delicious! The original recipe came from the Desperation Dinners column in my newspaper. I used garlic oil instead of peanut oil. You could add some cooked chicken, cooked pork, cooked shrimp or cooked beef to make a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 baby carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon other vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 1 -2 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Spray a deep skillet or wok with cooking spray (I used some garlic oil) and heat on medium.
- 2Beat eggs lightly, pour into pan, and cook without stirring until they are almost dry.
- 3Remove to a plate and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in same pan over medium high heat and add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring from time to time, for about 2 minutes.
- 5Ad mushrooms and garlic and cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- 6Add the sherry, soy sauce, and cooked rice. Continue to cook, stirring from time to time, for about 3 minutes.
- 7Add green onions, peas and sesame oil.
- 8Cut the eggs into thin ribbon strips, add to pan, and toss well to mix all ingredients.
- 9Serve at once with extra soy sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 867.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g