Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low calorie, fast and easy.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice (Minute Instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons frozen peas and carrots (optional)
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beaten egg, stir fry slowly stirring until egg is set.
- Stir in onions and rice until the rice browns a bit.
- Add broth, peas and carrots and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce and and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.