Recipe by Tink Sanders
This recipe is excellent for an appetizer or as part of a meal. This works great for other vegetables too. My kids go crazy for this, it usually spoils their dinner.
- 2 heads broccoli, floret's
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons johnny's season salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt (adjust amounts to taste)
- 1 cup cracker crumb (premium saltines)
- 2 1⁄2 cups olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and clean broccoli.
- Cut florets off, split larger ones in half.
- In a plastic bag add flour and seasoning (shake well).
- In a separate plastic bag add finely crushed crackers.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs and milk (beat until fluffy).
- Dip broccoli into egg.
- Put into flour and shake well.
- Re dip into egg.
- Put into cracker crumbs (coat well).
- Heat oil to 400 deg. Make sure oil covers at least half of the vegetables
- Place into hot oil and cook until golden brown, turn over and cook other side.
- Ranch dressing makes a good dip for these.