Recipe by Happy Hippie
This recipe comes from a little cookbook put out by Best Foods entitled "Bring Out the Best and Bring Out the Love." These are so moist, tender and flavorful. Enjoy!
Top Review by mrsoul51
Flavor was good and the chops moist and tender as promised. But, unfortunately very little of the breading stayed on the chop. This recipe is similar to one I've often fix with buttermilk instead of mayo.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder with parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 center-cut pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- In large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour mayonnaise mixture over chops.
- Seal bag if using, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 1 to 3 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade, discard marinade.
- Coat chops with bread crumbs.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chops in two batches, turning once, 6 minutes or until chops are done.