Recipe by nyc2ncmama
This is a MUST on top of my Sunday Sauce! Try this instead of plain old parmesan cheese! It's my great, great grandmother's recipe from Sicily!
Top Review by Outta Here
This is very easy and a nice change from plain breadcrumbs. I halved the recipe easily and used it to top baked mac n' cheese, which worked great because not everyone here likes bread crumbs baked on the mac n' cheese, so we could sprinkle it on at the table. Will give it a try on spaghetti soon. I was worried about the amount of garlic but it worked out just fine. Made for Fall 2011 paC game.
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Just a heads up-this takes a lot of attention or it will burn!
- Preheat frying pan (medium heat). Mix all the ingredients together. Coat the entire pan with the oil. Add the bread crumb mixture and toss to absorb all of the oil. Keep tossing the bread crumbs evenly so they do not burn. Remove from the pan once they are a deep, golden color of tasty goodness!
- Top off your bowl of spaghetti with this and you'll never want it any other way!