Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fried bologna sandwich that I had often growing up. I see so many of my favorite sandwiches on here, but I didn't see this one.
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat to med. high.
- Put slit in bologna from middle to all the way through the end.
- Put bologna in heated oil.
- Brown both sides.
- Add cheese to top while last side is browning.
- Spread mustard on both sides of bread.
- Add bologna between slices and gobble it up!
You don't need the oil--bologna fries in its own fat (like bacon). And mustard would ruin the sandwich. All you need is bread, bologna, and cheese.
Just bought some bologna ends at the store. Found the recipe. Good cheap, white bread, mustard, fried bologna, done and down. Good memory.
I ate a ton of Bologna Sandwiches growing up! Ours were pretty basic, a thick slice of good bologna on white bread with a little mayo and mustard..and that's still my favorite. It had been ages since I'd had one, so I just had to make one for old times sake and it was as good as I remembered! Ahh, the childhood memories associated with these....