Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fried bologna sandwich that I had often growing up. I see so many of my favorite sandwiches on here, but I didn't see this one.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 -2 slice bologna (depending on preference)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oil
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat to med. high.
- Put slit in bologna from middle to all the way through the end.
- Put bologna in heated oil.
- Brown both sides.
- Add cheese to top while last side is browning.
- Spread mustard on both sides of bread.
- Add bologna between slices and gobble it up!
I grew up eating these also.If you cut small cuts all around the edge,it will keep it from cupping and will stay nice and flat.
Wow! This was delicious. I came across this recipe trying to figure out what I could do with thin sliced beef bologna we got from the deli. I followed the suggestion of others and made 4 slits around each piece bologna. I fried 3 pieces in butter and ate it on sourdough bread with sharp cheddar, mayo and spicy brown mustard. Yum. :)
You don't need the oil--bologna fries in its own fat (like bacon). And mustard would ruin the sandwich. All you need is bread, bologna, and cheese.