Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb beef
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- watercress (as required)
- Cut meat into 3/4" cubes.
- Mixwith 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp pepper,1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp oil.
- Let meat stand in marinade for 1 hour.
- Cut onion lengthwise into very thin strips.
- Marinate onion in vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp pepper and 2 tbsp oil.
- Rinse watercress, drain well and arrange on a platter.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat.
- Add a pinch of sugar and the remaining garlic.
- Fry until fragrant.
- Add meat and stir fry for 2 minutes, until just cooked.
- Top watercress with meat, then onion mixture.