Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the simplest ways to make delicious fried beef to be eaten with hot steamed rice, it's my mom's recipe. It goes great with a soupy green veggie side dish. Make sure you use young and lean beef for best outcome, enjoy :)
- 500 g beef
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 red chilies
- 3 shallots
- sweet soy sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Slice the beef against its grains into 1 inch long pieces.
- Marinate the beef with the turmeric powder and salt for an hour (could also be left in the fridge overnight.
- Finely slice the shallots and chillies.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until hot and fry the beef (use medium heat).
- When the frying pan becomes smoky, add water inches.
- Leave until water is dried up, stirring occasionally.
- Add shallots and chillies and fry up until soft and a little bit charred.
- Add soy sauce, if using, and fry for a few more minutes.
- Serve up.