Recipe by Horrendezvous - Nur
This is one of the simplest ways to make delicious fried beef to be eaten with hot steamed rice, it's my mom's recipe. It goes great with a soupy green veggie side dish. Make sure you use young and lean beef for best outcome, enjoy :)
- 500 g beef
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 red chilies
- 3 shallots
- sweet soy sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the beef against its grains into 1 inch long pieces.
- Marinate the beef with the turmeric powder and salt for an hour (could also be left in the fridge overnight.
- Finely slice the shallots and chillies.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until hot and fry the beef (use medium heat).
- When the frying pan becomes smoky, add water inches.
- Leave until water is dried up, stirring occasionally.
- Add shallots and chillies and fry up until soft and a little bit charred.
- Add soy sauce, if using, and fry for a few more minutes.
- Serve up.