1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Horrendezvous - Nur's Note:
This is one of the simplest ways to make delicious fried beef to be eaten with hot steamed rice, it's my mom's recipe. It goes great with a soupy green veggie side dish. Make sure you use young and lean beef for best outcome, enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the beef against its grains into 1 inch long pieces.
- 2Marinate the beef with the turmeric powder and salt for an hour (could also be left in the fridge overnight.
- 3Finely slice the shallots and chillies.
- 4Heat oil in a frying pan until hot and fry the beef (use medium heat).
- 5When the frying pan becomes smoky, add water inches.
- 6Leave until water is dried up, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add shallots and chillies and fry up until soft and a little bit charred.
- 8Add soy sauce, if using, and fry for a few more minutes.
- 9Serve up.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Beef
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 102.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 38.1 g