Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a good dish if you get tired of pinto beans. It is so good served with tortillas.
Make and share this Fried Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 (1 lb) cansdrained kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- Heat oil.
- Saute garlic,green pepper and onion till tender.
- Add 1 can beans.
- Fry beans while mashing them with a fork until thick.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook,stirring occasionally,until thick.