Recipe by songsak
This is a great dessert after a spicy Thai dinner. Recipe is from a restaurant in Florida.
- 4 large bananas (firm, but ripe)
- 16 spring roll wrappers (not egg roll or wonton)
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar (or one 8oz pkg tamarind pod paste)
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup clover honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the bananas lengthwise then crosswise to yield 16 banana quarters.
- Discard skins. Flatten out one spring roll wrapper and spread it with the brown sugar or tamarind paste.
- Fold one banana quarter in the wrapper and use the egg white as a glue to seal your package.
- Using peanut oil, deep fry the wrapped bananas at 350 degrees until they turn a golden brown and become a bit crunchy.
- Drain thoroughly and serve with a sprig of mint and covered with double-virgin clover honey on mango or vanilla ice-cream.