1/3 Photos of Fried Bananas (Banana Enrolada)
This is posted for the World Tour 05 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried this particular recipe yet, but I love fried bananas. This is a recipe from the Cape Verde Islands as written in The Africa Cookbook - Tastes of A Continent by Jessica B. Harris.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to 375°F in a Dutch oven or deep fryer.
- 2Mix corn flour and sugar in a bowl. Add butter, egg, salt, rum, and milk, stirring until it forms a thick batter.
- 3Peel bananas, and cut into quarters. Mix cinnamon with brown sugar. Sprinkle half the cinnamon/ brown sugar mixture on the banana quarters.
- 4Roll banana quarters in the batter, and drop carefully into the hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 - 3 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown.
- 5Drain fried bananas on paper towels and dust with remaining cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.
- 6Continue until all banana quarters are fried and dusted. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Bananas (Banana Enrolada)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g