1/3 Photos of Fried Bananas (Banana Enrolada)
This is posted for the World Tour 05 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried this particular recipe yet, but I love fried bananas. This is a recipe from the Cape Verde Islands as written in The Africa Cookbook - Tastes of A Continent by Jessica B. Harris.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to 375°F in a Dutch oven or deep fryer.
- 2Mix corn flour and sugar in a bowl. Add butter, egg, salt, rum, and milk, stirring until it forms a thick batter.
- 3Peel bananas, and cut into quarters. Mix cinnamon with brown sugar. Sprinkle half the cinnamon/ brown sugar mixture on the banana quarters.
- 4Roll banana quarters in the batter, and drop carefully into the hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 - 3 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown.
- 5Drain fried bananas on paper towels and dust with remaining cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.
- 6Continue until all banana quarters are fried and dusted. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Bananas (Banana Enrolada)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g