Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast snack that kids and adults will love.
- Mix flour and cinnamon together; thoroughly coat each piece of banana with mixture.
- If bananas are very long, you may prefer to quarter them.
- Heat shortening in medium skillet.
- Brown floured bananas; slowly turn them once.
- Remove to a heated platter; sprinkle with sugar.
No flavor whatsoever, I sprinkled with sugar after and dipped them in maple syrup too. Must need more sugar and cinnamon. My dog loved them! LOL
VERY good! I would have perhaps done a bit better with more detailed instructions. My banana's were quite ripe and so they fell apart easily, making them difficult to work with. I also found I needed A LOT more shortening than what the recipe called for. I added more like a tablespoon of cinnamon to the dry mix, and still didn't taste it much in my final product. So I added more at the end. I also added about a tablespoon of sugar to the dry mix. Once they caramelize (over med to med high heat) they are quite yummy! This would make an ideal topping for vanilla ice cream or pancakes! Thanks...I might make this again with firmer banana's!
Very good. I added cinnamon and sugar to the mix because just the flour and cinnamon didn't really add any flavor. Served with just a bit a chocolate syrup. Also made these in a deep fryer and was SO easy. A really nice light dessert.