Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Oh Wow are these good, really good. I got this recipe from a poster named Lort from another site. These are fantastic!
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons pecans, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup good quality, chocolate, chopped
- 20 wonton wrappers (or pasta dough #1)
- 1 egg, beaten if using wrappers
- canola oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
Chocolate rum sauce
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 teaspoons rum
- For Ravioli---------------.
- Gently mix bananas, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, pecans and chocolate.
- Roll dough and cut into 3 inch squares or use wontons and lay out on a clean work surface.
- Fill each square or wrapper with 1 1/2 t's of filling.
- Brush edges with egg wash and fold in half diagonally, sealing edges completely.
- Place on wax papaer and repeat.
- Heat oil to 350-375 degrees.
- Fry ravioli until golden, around 2 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with chocolate rum sauce.
- Chocolate Rum Sauce-------------------.
- Heat milk and chocolate in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- When the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir in butter and rum.
- Serve warm.
Di, these were absolutely the BIGGEST hit tonight at our dinner. We have a group of 3 couples that get together once a month and have dinner and dessert. My turn to bring dessert and I brought these..they were ranting, and raving for a good hour after. At first I thought they would be rather difficult to make, not at all. I had to sneak some to take home for my DH to eat tomorrow :)
This was really great! I used the sauce as a dip, and had a ton left over, probably enough for 3 batches of these. Everyone raved. thank you Diana, this is a super simple, easy, very good dessert.
These were quite good. My friend and I sat around filling and frying the wanton skins; it was pretty easy. I cut the ingredients for the rum sauce in half and it was STILL too much. Tasted excellent though. Very RICH! Thanks for the recipe, Di. Everybody liked it.