Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A easy & no clean up way to do your bacon. I had to add a T. of pepper because you need more then 1 ingriedent, skip unless you want your bacon peppery!
- To avoid grease splatters on the top of your stove or having to wash an extra splatter screen, simply put bacon in a cast iron skillet with the lid on in a preheated 450* oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet, drain the bacon, and the oven stays clean and so does the top of your stove.
- Enjoy now and/or you can crumble up the leftover bacon to use in omelets or other recipes for later.
- Simply put them in a freezer bag and use later.
- It's especially efficient when you've already heated the oven for another dish.
I have the same recipe baked at a lower temp, Recipe #187790
Thanks so much for mentioning this! I don't know why I never thought of it, but I didn't -- and this was SO much easier and neater than frying it in a pan. It wasn't just that I could avoid the splatter -- it's that I could do other things while the bacon was cooking. Thanks so very much for posting this!