An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. This dish could easily be the main course for an early lunch accompanied with a spicy pilaf and icy cold beer. Courtesy of Chef Kim Kringlie of The Dakota, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. Cooking/prep time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crab Meat and Crawfish in Creole Mustard Honey Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces crawfish (tail meat, cooked)
- 4 ounces crabmeat (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions or 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste
- 1For the crab/crawfish mixture: Heat olive oil in large skillet; add next six ingredients and saute for a minute.
- 2Add next five ingredients and simmer until reduced by half.
- 3Add onions and butter, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly until all the butter is incorporated.
- 4Season to taste and keep warm until served.
- 5For the asparagus: Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- 6Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan to 325°F.
- 7Dip the asparagus pieces in batter and fry until golden.
- 8Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 9To serve, place 4 pieces on warmed plates; divide the crab mixture evenly over the top.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Asparagus With Crab and Crawfish in Creole Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.2
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.1 mg
- Sodium 536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g