My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook asparagus spears in boiling salted water until barely tender.
- 2Drain on paper towels.
- 3In wide bowl, beat egg with milk.
- 4Dip asparagus spears into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- 5Heat enough oil to cover asparagus to 364 degrees in deep fryer or large skillet.
- 6Diameter of pan should exceed length of spears.
- 7Fry coated asparagus, a few at a time, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g