Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Old fashioned and from the Family Recipe Box, in my own teenaged handwriting.
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 6 large tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove and drain.
- From pan, drain all by 1/4 cup of melted fat.
- Cut apples, cored but not peeled, into 1/2-inch thick round slices.
- Mix flour with sugar and spices.
- Roll apple slices in flour mixture.
- Fry apple in fat until golden brown on both sides and apple is easily pierced and tender.
- Serve hot apple slices with crisp bacon slices.
- Makes 6 servings.
- From the Family Recipe Box, in Julie's handwriting (teenaged years).