Wonderful with breakfast foods, a snack,dessert, or as a side dish to pork.
Make and share this Fried Apples recipe from Food.com.
- In a large iron skillet, melt the bacon drippings.
- Careful don't let it get too hot.
- Place the apples evenly over the bottom and sprinkle them with the lemon juice, followed by the brown sugar, then salt.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 min.
- until the apples are tender, yet juicy.
- You don't want them dry.
- Sprinkle the apple with cinnamon and nutmeg before serving.
I used butter for this dish and a mixture of 3 granny smith and 3 macintosh apples, this made a nice texture as the Macs were softer and the GS stayed more firm creating a chunky sauce. I served this with roasted pork tenderloin. A nice side dish..
made with butter not bacon drippings they were delicious!!
These were very good. I had only 3 apples, so I cut the recipe in half. Used butter, not bacon grease. I think that next time I'll cook them just a few minutes longer than 15 minutes. They were just a little firm, and I'd prefer them a little softer. Thanks for posting!