Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 6 large red apples, unpared, cored
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (6 inches long)
- Sauté apples in butter for 6-8 minutes in non-stick skillet.
- Boil wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Pour over apples.
- Cook, uncovered, until apples are tender.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Serve warm or cold.
- For a simple supper serve with browned sausage patties or links.
- For an elegant touch serve with a pork roast.
I used Red Currant Wine made in Iowa from the Amana Colonies instead of cooking wine and cut back the sugar just a tad. Delicious. I served with my Homemade Sausage recipe which is posted. Great combination. The sauce can be sopped up with homemade rolls. Comfort Food at its best! Thanks for posting!
These were so yummy with boneless pork chops. I also used ground cinnamon instead of a stick, and I sliced the apples, and just added the ingredients to the apples to simmer. They were great my husband went back for 2nds and maybe 3rds, he asked if we could have the same dinner tomorrow. I used brown sugar apple marinade on my chops Recipe #176934, so yummy. Togethor it was a total hit, also would be yummy on ice cream! Right on with time needed to make, SO EASY!
Made these apples with boneless pork chops and sweet potatos. Also used apple juice instead of wine and ground cinnamon instead of the cinnamon stick. Nice taste and easy to make.