Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I used Red Currant Wine made in Iowa from the Amana Colonies instead of cooking wine and cut back the sugar just a tad. Delicious. I served with my Homemade Sausage recipe which is posted. Great combination. The sauce can be sopped up with homemade rolls. Comfort Food at its best! Thanks for posting!
- 6 large red apples, unpared, cored
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (6 inches long)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté apples in butter for 6-8 minutes in non-stick skillet.
- Boil wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Pour over apples.
- Cook, uncovered, until apples are tender.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Serve warm or cold.
- For a simple supper serve with browned sausage patties or links.
- For an elegant touch serve with a pork roast.