Recipe by shimmerysummersun
Found this in a library book...The Best of Country Cooking. Posting here for safe keeping. This sounds like a good recipe to have on a cool fall evening. Maybe serve with some vanilla ice cream on top??
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 medium unpeeled tart apples, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add apples and 1/2 cup sugar, stir and mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.