Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Diabetes Forecast magazine. We like it over vanilla ice cream, or as a side to pork dishes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups peeled diced baking apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the apples and lemon juice and saute for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and add to the apples, continue to cook until sauce is thickened, about 1 or 2 minutes, serve warm.
Fantastic. Goes great with pancakes or pork chops (so says my husband-I don't eat the chops) or as a stand-alone treat. I reduced the oil to 1 tsp.