1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This Recipe is posted by request-original found in "The Lady and Sons, Too" by Paula H.Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the apples with the water in a large covered pot over medium-low heat for 1 hour, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- 2Stir occasionally.
- 3Add the sugar, butter, and cinnamon, mixing well.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Prepare Dough for Fried Pies by Darleen Summers or Unfold the refrigerated pie crust and roll out until a 12 inch circle has been formed-repeat with the remaining crust.
- 6Cut each crust into 9 4-inch circles (do the same with the homemade crust if using).
- 7Place one heaping Tablespoon of pie filling onto each circle, slightly off center.
- 8Moisten the edges with water and fold over, gently pressing out any air.
- 9Crimp with a fork.
- 10In a heavy skillet melt/heat oil over medium high heat, bringing it to a tempture of 350 degrees.
- 11Fry pies in batches, 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 12Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 13Makes 16-18 fried pies.
- 14If you wish while hot sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Apple Pies-Dried Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 209.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g