1/2 Photos of Fried Apple Pancake Rings(Carla Hall)
This recipe uses pancake batter to coat apple rings, then fried to perfection with an apple cider syrup! You can substitute whole wheat pancake batter or make your own. I have added my own recipe for apple cider syrup. The original called for reducing the cider by half and gave no amounts. This one is much quicker and yummy. I didn't have Bisquick, so made my own from a recipe on this site, substituting about 1/3 of the flour with whole wheat flour. From Carla Hall on the new ABC program, the Chew. Hootie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix (or whole wheat pancake mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice)
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 2 medium apples, pared and cored
- 1To make hot apple cider syrup:.
- 2Bring juice and brown sugar to a boil, and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemon juice(if using), cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 5 minutes, till syrup consistency.
- 4Beat baking mix, egg and milk with whisk until smooth. Add pumpkin pie spice(or apple pie spice) and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated.
- 5Grease griddle.
- 6Core and cut apples crosswise in 1/8-inch slices.
- 7Using a toothpick dip slices into batter(I used my fingers, but you could also use a fork or spoon). Cook on medium hot griddle until golden brown, turning once(about 3-5 minutes each side). Serve hot with apple cider syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Apple Pancake Rings(Carla Hall)
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of