Recipe by Ken Nipper
Southern recipe from my uncle who lives in Tallahassee FL. Tastes like chicken/catfish cross
Top Review by Sunny1
This was the first time that I served gator at one of my get togethers. I followed recipe but had to add some cayenne pepper just because. Well it awed everyone. I served it with the zesty onion ring sauce from Burger King. This made me look great. Sunny 1
- 2 lbs alligator tail steaks (steaks or chunks)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- oil (for deep frying, peanut is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- salt and pepper alligator meat set aside mix flour, corn meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, powdered milk.
- heat oil to about 400F in deep fryer dredge meat pieces in flour mixture fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until brown overcooking will make tough put cooked pieces on paper towel to drain serve with favorite dipping sauce.