Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thick and creamy chowder that leaves your tummy full, family happy, and refrigerator sparklin' clean!
- 2 cups water (or less if you want a thicker soup)
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
Any additional ingredients you have in your refrigerator that need to be used up
- broccoli (etc) or corn (etc) or carrots (etc) or bacon (etc)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup ham or 1⁄2 package bacon, diced and cooked
- Cover potatoes, celery, and onion with water and seasonings and boil 10-12 minutes till soft.
- Toss in any other items in your fridge or cupboard that need to be used up.
- In a separate pan, make white sauce by melting butter and adding flour.
- Whisk till smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Add cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Pour into potato mixture and stir well.
- Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!