Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This is a very handy recipe because the mixture keeps for at least 3 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge. Use the mixture whenever you want fresh muffins.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup digestive natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg, oil, sugar and milk together.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together then add bran, fruit and nuts.
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet and refridgerate until required.
- Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups and spoon about 2 tablespoons of mixture into each cup.
- Microwave on medium high (about 6 at a time) for 2- 3 minutes.
- (The tops should be slightly tacky when muffins are removed from pan.) Allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- NB- Be careful not to overcook as microwave ovens differ.
- Rather check degree of "doneness" before cooking the full time.