Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good Friday night or any night pizza. I made this half-n-half, putting the mushrooms and sliced tomato on my half. His half had only the peppers and black olives. You can also substitute any vegetables you like.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, in strips
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, in strips
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, sliced (I used the Roma variety) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread sheet pan with pizza dough.
- Prebake for 8 minutes.
- Take crust out, and let cool a little.
- Cover with sauce. Spread half of the cheese evenly over the sauce and add vegetables. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
I used my usual thin crust dough recipe and it turned out great. Loved all the flavors from the veggies. I did use a bit of smoked gouda along with some of the mozzarella. Very good.
This is the only way I make my pizza now! So tasty and homemade tasting. I used homemade pizza sauce, canned mushrooms, left out the olives and green peppers and added sliced onions. Love it! Made for VickyJ's cookathon 2012.
Excellent pizza! The only change I made was to leave off the peppers and added finely chopped onions. I didn't have fresh mushrooms so used canned ... still turned out great! This is one of those recipes that make you say "Why didn't I think of that?" Thanks for sharing!