Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has moderate amounts of fat and carbs, making it suitable for all dogs. Use leaner cuts for dogs that are overweight and fattier cuts for very active dogs. Portion size: For small dogs, 3/4 cup; medium dogs, 1 1/2 cups; large dogs, 3 c ups. Feed twice a day
- 3 lbs pork
- 1 cup green beans, chopped or 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups brown rice
- Cut the pork into large dice and saute in a lightly sprayed pan over medium heat for about 20 minutes until no longer pink and the meat juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Remove the pork from the hat and add the cheddar. Let cool.
- Stir the vegetable and rice into the meat mixture.