Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I am usually pretty tired when Friday rolls around and don't want to spend much time in the kitchen. This chicken dish is very easy, tasty and doesn't take long to put together.
Top Review by Eyemadreamer
I really thought this dish was just alright. I didn't change a thing.. I think that i should have let it cook longer so more of the liquid could cook out cause we had a lot of liquid left afterwards and unfortuantely didnt have bread to soak it up with.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 can campbell French onion soup, condensed
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large oven-proof skillet or dutch oven, melt the butter and heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (estimated amount) to season.
- Brown chicken in skillet until both sides are golden but chicken is not cooked all the way through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Add shallots to skillet; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add in tomatoes with juices and thyme; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced some.
- Add in the soup; cook and stir occasionally 4 minutes; season with the remaining salt and pepper if desired.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet; sprinkle breasts with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, in 375° oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked.