1/2 Photos of Friday Fish and Chips
Perfect Pixie's Note:
It is a tradition at my school that every friday lunch we have fish and chips. It is obviously a christian tradition. This is how my mum makes hers. The chips will take longer to make, do them first, when about 5 minutes to go then start the peas, then once simmering do your fish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cod fish fillets (or any fish you like)
- 1/2 cup flour (approx)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (approx)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peas (approx)
- 1for the chips.
- 2melt butter in a fry pan and fry until golden brown
- 3for the fish.
- 4place the egg, flour and breadcrumbs in seperate shallow bowls.
- 5lightly dip both sides of fish fillets in egg (use another egg if you run out).
- 6then gently lightly toss in flour.
- 7then gently cover in breadcrumbs.
- 8melt butter in frypan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- 9place peas in pot and cover with water, bring to boil then simmer about 3-4 minutes.
- 10place fish on plate with chips and peas.
- 11place a wedge of lemon with each plate.
- 12place tartar sauce, ketchup and salt on the table.
- 13call family.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Friday Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 57.9 g