Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This brings back fond memories! When I was in Grade 7 it was standard practice for my classmates to have coffee and cake at my house on a Friday afternoon. The news spread quickly through my class and it was not long before I was entertaining not just my mates but the entire class!
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and oil, stir in coffee and remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar very well.
- Gently fold sifted flour, salt and baking powder into egg mixture.
- Add warm milk mixture.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Frost with butter icing flavoured with coffee powder and cinnamon.