This is Frida (The Swedish Import's) "Special Sauce." Frida stayed with us for a year as a foreign exchange student from Sweden, as well as an awesome relative of ours. She would make this spaghetti sauce for us, and tried to give the recipe. Unfortunately, she herself didn't even know exactly how much she would put in of each ingredient. She made it up, and we all love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat until done, put to one side of pan.
- 2Chop onions, fry until golden brown (on the other side of pan).
- 3Then mix onions with ground beef.
- 4Put between 1/3 and 1/2 cup of ketchup in and mix together. It all depends on your tastes.
- 5Add cut up green pepper, and about 1/3 cup of whipping cream, and a pinch of salt.
- 6*Measurementfor ketchup and whipping cream are not exact, try for taste and thickness-and if not right, add more or less.
- 7*Enjoy over a plate of cooked spaghetti!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frida's "Special Sauce"
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 76.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 21.5 g