Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Genny's Diner in Louisville Ky is famous for a recipe similar to this. It was so costly to eat there that I decided to make my own budget friendly ones at home. It is one of my most requested recipes.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- chili powder
- peanut oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar dill pickle slices (well drained)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato soup mix
- ranch dressing, for dipping
- Mix together egg and buttermilk; whisk well; this is your wet station.
- Mix flour, sea salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder in a ziploc bag; this is your dry station.
- Heat peanut oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip pickles into egg and buttermilk mixture.
- Place pickles into the flour mixture in the bag.
- Shake until well coated.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels to soak up grease.
- I serve these with Ranch dressing to dip.