Recipe by Kaanga
This recipe was created by a co-worker of mine and I have shared it so many times that it seemed only right to post it here. It is the perfect meal for a hot summer day when you don't feel like cooking. This is much more glamorous than your traditional chicken salad.
Top Review by TiffanyDanielle
Very Frickin' Good Chicken Salad! I must admit I was almost thrown off by the mixture of some of the ingredients; However after seeing the great reviews I went for it & I'm glad I did, everyone (child to adult) loved it. I even finished off the left overs for lunch today and it was just as good. I did change the recipe slightly & this is what I did: -removed the celery and onion (not a child favorite) -used slightly less grapes -added Pecans -used Canned Chicken instead (typical for Chicken salads) -And lastly I put it all in a slightly warmed Wheat Pita Pocket Very Frickin' Good Chicken Salad!
- 1 lb fully cooked chicken (prepared yourself or store bought)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup craisins (any flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Let chill for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Sever over fancy greens or pre-packaged salad mix of your choice.
- Cooks note:.
- To save time or to prevent having to cook the chicken I have used the pre-cooked Perdue chicken strips.
- The chicken salad is served best with warm, fresh bread.