Recipe by cocinera
I remember my Cuban grandmother's chicken fricase being very much like this one. Enjoy!??
Top Review by Caribbean_starfruit
Very delicious, I added some bay leaves and some sangria, it gave it more flavor, my husband and I really enjoy the recipe, pretty easy to follow. Thank you Cocinera!
- 4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (or mix half-half lime and orange)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (sliced)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 cup dry sherry (be sure to use only sherry that you would drink as so-called cooking sherries are loaded with salt)
- 1 lb potato, peeled and quartered
This you can leave out if desired
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade chicken pieces in garlic cloves, citrus juice, onion and bell pepper for at least one hour.
- Heat oil and brown chicken.
- Add onion, pepper and citrus from the marinade.
- Add tomato sauce, raisins, olives, capers, Sherry, salt & pepper.
- Add water to cover the chicken.
- Add the potato pieces in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Wonderful over fluffy or steamed white rice.