I remember my Cuban grandmother's chicken fricase being very much like this one. Enjoy!??
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, cut up
- 1/2 cup orange juice (or mix half-half lime and orange)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (sliced)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 cup dry sherry (be sure to use only sherry that you would drink as so-called cooking sherries are loaded with salt)
- 1 lb potato, peeled and quartered
This you can leave out if desired
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Marinade chicken pieces in garlic cloves, citrus juice, onion and bell pepper for at least one hour.
- 2Heat oil and brown chicken.
- 3Add onion, pepper and citrus from the marinade.
- 4Add tomato sauce, raisins, olives, capers, Sherry, salt & pepper.
- 5Add water to cover the chicken.
- 6Add the potato pieces in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- 7Wonderful over fluffy or steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fricase De Pollo ( Chicken Fricassee )
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1504.7
- Calories from Fat 742
- Total Fat 82.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 340.5 mg
- Sodium 813.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 89.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives