Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
By Chef: Alison Alexander, I found this recipe on the internet. These are superb!
Make and share this Friands recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 200deg.
- Lightly grease 12 friand moulds.
- If friand moulds are not available, muffin tins can be used.
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add egg whites and butter and stir again until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon evenly into friand moulds and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the tops have started to crack and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest in moulds for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cake rack to cool completely.
- Dust friands with icing sugar before serving.
- Variations: Before baking, friands can be topped with raspberries, rhubarb or blueberries.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds and the grated rind of 2 lemons, oranges or mandarins can be added to the dry ingredients.
- If using citrus in the mixture, a glaze of melted marmalade can be brushed on the cooked friands whilst they are cooling.
- Friands are best eaten on the day they are made.
This recipe is excellent. I made Orange and Poppy seed. The comments were good and they did not last at all.
I love this recipe, I take these to school morning teas and they go in minutes. Really easy and always turn out perfect.
I made the lemon and poppy seed variety. very yummy!