Recipe by MamaJ
This is a simple yet elegant brunch dish. I got this recipe from my mom and have made it many times over the years to rave reviews.
Top Review by Jezski
Glad I checked this out! I was just going to post it! I've been making this for quite some time and have never seen the recipe anywhere else. Elegant, rich, tasty. And it's quite easy. Makes a great impression for those "ladies" luncheons. It's a keeper.
- 8 -10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices ham (round works best)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in omelet pan over medium to med/high heat.
- Pour large kitchen spoon of beaten egg mixture into the pan and swirl to cover bottom completely.
- When cooked on the bottom, flip or cover with a lid to cook completely.
- Slide out of pan and roll up with ham slice.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Pack rolled crepes tightly into a 9x13 pan.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Dot with butter and refrigerate. (Can be made the night before serving).
- 1/2 hour before cooking, pour 1 cup of cream over all.
- Bake at 300 degrees until cheese starts to bubble (about 15-20 minutes).
- Brown cheese briefly under broiler.