Fresno Smoked Sausage and Lentil Gumbo
- n a 5 to 7 quart pan, over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring, until brow.
- Spoon from pan; reserve. Add oil to drippings in pan to make 1/3 cup fat.
- Add flour; stir until mixture is red brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add celery, garlic, onion and carrots;, cook, stirring until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add reserved sausage, chicken broth lentils, worcestershire, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to boiling over high ehat; redue to simmer, cover and cook until lentils ar soft when pressed, about 40 minutes.
- Sunset Magazine February 1987.