Recipe by Sassy in da South
Found this recipe some time ago on a food blog, dont remember where (wish I did). Anyways, finally got to make it this weekend and wow was it so good. It is so juicy. The sauce goes to the bottom of the pan while cooking and the cake will be floating above it. Best served warm and topped with the sauce left in the pan. Be sure to soak your raisins in water for a few minutes to plump them up so they dont have to absorb the moisture from the cake.
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins.
- Stir in 1/2 cup milk, just until batter is moistened. Spread batter in a greased 9" x 9" square baking dish.
- In microwave, heat 2 cups water, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp butter. Stir and pour gently over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, the cake is floating on the sauce. Cut and serve the cake then spoon some sauce over top. Serve warm.