Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground buffalo or 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces very low sodium beef broth (canned or dry substitute)
- 1 (6 ounce) can low-sodium tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- brown sugar, to taste (optional)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- Cook beef, onion and green peppers over medium heat until beef is well done and onion and peppers are soft.
- Strain all and run under hot water until beef loses oily feel when touched.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Good chili! I did throw in some of my canned salsa. Easy to make and tastes even better the next day.